Extended 5 Year Warranty Policy
This document sets forth the warranty policy of the Low Energy Designs (sales) organisation (‘LED Ltd’) from which you (‘Purchaser’) purchase your LED Lamps. This policy is applicable only to LED Ltd branded LED lamps (‘Products’) purchased as from January 2012.
This warranty policy is subject to the provisions as set forth herein and is subject to the terms and conditions as attached to this document (‘Warranty Terms and Conditions’).
This warranty policy only applies if referred to in a sales agreement between LED Ltd and the Purchaser and it will replace the standard warranty clause provided in the LED Ltd general terms and conditions of sale.
Subject to the provisions as set forth in the Warranty Terms and Conditions and as set forth hereunder, purchaser receives a standard 3 year warranty + an additional extended 2 year warranty if the information under Section 3 is provided. For all Emergency products (Battery) the purchaser receives a standard one year warranty.
• The warranty period starts on the date of invoice.
• The warranty period is based on a standard burning behaviour at an ambient temperature of 25°C.
• By default, Purchaser receives above mentioned ‘standard warranty’.
• Purchaser shall not rely upon any other information or documentation.
LED lamps / LED tubes warranty Period
This warranty only covers Products applied within their ‘intended’ or ‘normal use’ as defined by:
• Operating conditions are in accordance with the information on the Products and its packaging; AND
• Ambient temperature never exceeds the operating temperature range -40 ˚C to +60 ˚C; AND
• Relative humidity in the installation never exceeds 95% RH, or never exceeds the IP rating of the Product, if any, is provided; AND
• Products are operated in an open luminaire with minimum 50 mm air around the body of the products; AND
• The electrical installation in which the Product operates is not subjected to voltage fluctuations in a range exceeding the operating range of the product.
Summary Warranty Terms and Conditions (non-exhaustive)
• This warranty policy is valid only for products sold by Low Energy Designs Ltd.
• Products have been purchased directly from a Low Energy Designs Ltd (sales) organisation.
• Proof of purchase is available for inspection by Low Energy Designs Ltd.
• Products have been properly installed and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Adequate records of operating history are available for inspection by Low Energy Designs Ltd if required.
• A Low Energy Designs Ltd representative will have access to the defective Products. If the Products or other parts become suspect, the representative shall have the right to invite other manufacturers’ representatives to evaluate the lighting systems.
• Labour costs for (de-)installation of the Products are not covered under this warranty
• Hire equipment or equipment costs for (de) installation of the products are not covered under this warranty
• Is limited to the repair or replacement of LED circuit boards, power supply or fitting.
Warranty terms and Conditions
1. Limited Warranty
The warranty as described herein shall only apply to Low Energy Designs Ltd branded lighting products sold by Low Energy Designs Ltd in the territory of Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia & South America (hereinafter referred to as ‘Product’). The warranty is only applicable to the party purchasing the products directly from Low Energy Designs Ltd (hereinafter referred to as: ‘Purchaser’).
Low Energy Designs Ltd warrants that each Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship. The foregoing warranty shall be valid for the period mentioned in the applicable warranty policy for your Products as referenced to in your sales agreement. If a Product fails to operate in accordance with this warranty Low Energy Designs Ltd will provide free replacement or repair of the failed Product subject to the applicable warranty policy and the limited warranty terms and conditions set forth below.
2. Terms and Conditions
• Low Energy Designs Ltd’ warranty flows only to Purchaser. If any Product covered by this warranty is returned by Purchaser in accordance with section 3 and within the applicable warranty period set forth in the warranty policy and upon examination Low Energy Designs Ltd determines to its satisfaction that such Product failed to satisfy this warranty, Low Energy Designs Ltd will, at its option, repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof. For purposes of clarity, ‘repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof’ does not include any removal or reinstallation activities, costs or expenses, including without limitation, labour costs, expenses or equipment hire.
• If Low Energy Designs Ltd chooses to replace the Product and is not able to do so because it has been discontinued or is not available, Low Energy Designs Ltd may replace the product with a comparable product (that can show small deviations in design and product specification).
• No agent, distributor or dealer is authorized to change, modify or extend the terms of the limited warranty on behalf of Low Energy Designs Ltd, in any matter.
• This limited warranty only applies when the Product has been properly wired and installed and operated within the electrical values, operating range and environmental conditions provided in the specifications, application guidelines, IEC standards or any other document accompanying the Products. If a Product is found to be defective, or not performing per the product specifications, the Purchaser must notify Low Energy Designs Ltd in writing.
• Low Energy Designs Ltd will facilitate the technical resolution of problems. Third party products sold by Low Energy Designs Ltd are not covered under this warranty, except as indicated in section 5.
• This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any Acts of God or from any abuse, misuse, abnormal use or use in violation of any applicable standard, code or instructions for use including without limitation those contained in the latest safety, industry and/or electrical standards for the relevant region(s).
• This warranty shall be void in the event any repairs or alterations, not duly authorized by Low Energy Designs Ltd in writing, are made to the Product by any person. The manufacturing date of the product has to be clearly readable. Low Energy Designs Ltd reserves the right to make the final decision on the validity of any warrantee claim.
• If requested by Low Energy Designs Ltd, the non-conforming or defective Products shall become Low Energy Designs Ltd’ property as soon as they have been replaced.
3. Warranty Claims
All warranty periods mentioned are subjected to a Low Energy Designs Ltd representative having access to the failed product or system for verification of non-compliance. Guarantee claims have to be reported and returned at the customer’s expense to the local Low Energy Designs Ltd office within 30 days after discovery, specifying at least the following information (additional info may be required on request):
• details of the failed Products; for System warranties also details of other components used;
• installation date and invoice date;
• detailed problem description, number and % of failures, date-code of failure if known;
• application, hours burned and switching cycles;
• where a warranty claim is justified, Low Energy Designs Ltd will pay for freight expenses to return the product to the clients site. Low Energy Designs Ltd may charge Customer for returned products that are not found to be defective or nonconforming together with the freight, testing and handling costs associated therewith.
4. No implied or other warranties
The warranty and remedies contained in the terms of the limited warranty are the only warranties given by Low Energy Designs Ltd with respect the Products and are given in lieu of all other warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, which warranties are hereby disclaimed. These terms and conditions state Low Energy Designs Ltd’ entire liability and obligation to Purchaser and Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy in connection with defective or nonconforming Products supplied by Low Energy Designs Ltd to Customer, whether or not such damages are based on any warranty not explicitly mentioned in these terms and conditions, tort, contract or any other legal theory, even if Low Energy Designs Ltd has been advised or is aware of such defects.
5. Limitations and conditions
• This is a limited warranty and excludes, among other items, installation, providing access to products (scaffolding, lifts, etc.), and special, incidental and consequential damages (such as loss of revenue/profits, damage to property or other miscellaneous costs not previously mentioned), and is further defined by the limitations and conditions set forth in the respective warranty policy and these terms and conditions.
• Upon request, Low Energy Designs Ltd’ representatives have to be allowed to access the defective Product, system or application for verification of non-compliance.
• Low Energy Designs Ltd cannot be held liable for electrical supply conditions, including supply spikes, over-voltage/under-voltage and Ripple Current control systems that are beyond the specified limits of the products and those defined by relevant supply standards (e.g. EN 50160 norms).
• With respect to products sold to the Purchaser by Low Energy Designs Ltd. but not bearing the Low Energy Designs Ltd name or sub-brands, Low Energy Designs Ltd makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, but will make available to the Purchaser upon request, but only to the extent permitted by law and relevant contracts, the warranties of the manufacturer of the relevant product.
• This warranty supersedes all previous warranty documents.